Thursday 10 March 2011

Ellen Pompeo: People Will 'Love' Musical 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode

Buzz is building for the March 31 episode of Grey's Anatomy.

That's when it turns into Glee. Yes, Grey's is doing a musical episode.

"People might not love it. I tend to not like musicals on principle," Jesse Williams tells Zap2it. "But this is not jumping the shark, it's not a trick, it's not a gimmick. It's totally in line with this season and these characters.

And it's just incredibly moving."

Kate Walsh says she's even going to sing in the episode. "I'm in the chorus," she told E!'s Marc Malkin.

"You're not going hear any solos from me."

And today, Ellen Pompeo talks to Ellen DeGeneres about it.

"When Shonda [Rimes] presented the idea, of course I did my eye roll and the 'Oh, brother' that comes along with it. And then we read it and I have to say, I think people are going to love it."

She adds, "I don't want to give too much away, but the way it unfolds isn't typical. There is some singing and dancing, but basically we're taking songs that the show has made famous like The Fray and Chasing Cars, and those kind of songs, and we're singing them. So it's the music you're used to hearing."

Pompeo says "they made" her sing. "I didn't have a choice."

But, she says, "The focal point of the episode is Sara Ramirez who play Callie. She won a Tony for Spamalot, so she can really sing, so she does the bulk of the singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts